pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: 0.129 - a few minor issues

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: 0.129 - a few minor issues
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:58:48 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 11 May 2007 05:52:00 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> pan doesn't currently have fully automated body downloads, as was
> possible using rules in old-pan.  However, there are two possible
> current solutions, depending on your needs.  You mentioned one,
> leafnode, or to make it generic, running a local news server.  That's
> the fully automated solution, but may not be what you want.

Yeah, I thought about using a local server - but in the end, that seems
like a more complex workaround than just going back to using old pan,
which behaves the way I expect in that regard.  The good news is that
with the performance improvements in new pan, the delay between selecting
a message and actually viewing it isn't as long as it was in old pan, so
perhaps this issue is less significant than I had thought initially,
since I prefetched the bodies for performance reasons.

Jim