pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: 0.129 - a few minor issues

From: Dave
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: 0.129 - a few minor issues
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 00:38:05 +0100

On Saturday 12 May 2007, Duncan wrote:
> It remembers the profile you set per group, but you have to set it
> first.  If you set it, and pan didn't crash so didn't save it, it should
> remember what you used last time and use the same profile the next time
> you post from the same group.  If it doesn't, there's a bug.  However, it
> may be that you just haven't set it for all groups yet, and that's what
> you are seeing the first time you try to post from a group that's not yet
> been set.

I noticed this feature a little while ago.

If you don't explicitly set a profile in the group properties, said group will
use the first profile in the group based on it's name in the sort order.

In my case, I named my default profile as "0default".  That's numeric zero, to
force it to be first in the list.

I would imagine that the majority of users would use the same profile for most
of their groups and other profiles would be more the exception rather than
the rule so this may be a suitable workaround.
--
Dave