pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: is gmane eating some of my posts?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: is gmane eating some of my posts?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 08:46:10 +0000 (UTC)

Thufir <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 12 Jun 2007 05:21:04
+0000:

> Thanks, I didn't know about gmane.discuss, that's a good one and more
> on- target than the pan group :)

Figured as much, but it was interesting, anyway.

> Mostly you echoed my thoughts, but I didn't think about the spam stuff
> nor the google e-mail addresses.  (Yes, everything's with the same
> e-mail address.)

That's why lists/newsgroups are such a great resource.  There's always
angles of a problem that even someone familiar with the topic is likely
to either simply miss, or knows about but has little experience with.
Get it to a wider sampling of people, and someone's likely to reveal such
otherwise hidden angles in a reply.  Even professional support (if one
could always buy it, not always possible) can't be as effective at this
sort of thing, because they too are simply one person, so will by
definition have a rather more limited viewpoint and range of experience,
than the rather larger list/newsgroup is likely to have.