pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Previews gone screwy

From: Greg Lee
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Previews gone screwy
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 22:58:36 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 02:52:10 +0000, walt wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 17:32:18 -0700, stevem wrote:
>
>> On Friday 05 October 2007, walt wrote:
>>> ...If you could point me to a sample
>>> post that causes you problems I like to take a look at it.
>
>> ...this one fails:

>> From: Ozzy <address@hidden>
>
> Great, I saved that message and another from the same series as text.
> When I use uudecode on those two posts I get intact jpegs, so something
> in pan or gtk is being too fussy about decoding.  I'll see if I can find
> the cause -- eventually :o)

Is it the decoding? When I save the decoded jpeg files with Pan
and view them with a different viewer program, they seem perfectly okay.

I looked at the two image files that stevem refers to, and I get
the same results as he: "Denali Sunrise" at 298559 bytes (as reported
by Pan) views ok, but "Lake Pend Oreille" at 423726 bytes displays
incorrectly.

I looked at some other 1 part images in this same newsgroup and
found that all those with byte size <= 369052 displayed correctly,
but all those with byte size >= 369361 displayed incorrectly.  Of
the two dozen or so that I tried.

--
Greg