pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Previews gone screwy

From: stevem
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Previews gone screwy
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 17:32:18 -0700

On Friday 05 October 2007, walt wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 15:46:00 -0700, stevem wrote:
> >>
> >> Do you see any error messages in the event log when that happens?
> >
> > I reinstalled libgtk2.0-0 at version 2.12.0 and it failed right off,
> > it was working at 2.10.13.  Here are the associated log errors:
> >
> > Fri Oct  5 15:28:02 2007 - Error interpreting JPEG image file
> > (Application transferred too few scanlines)
>
> Yes, that's caused by the fix to gdk-pixbuf I posted about two days
> ago.
>
> The cause is obvious for multi-part jpegs, but you said that you see
> the problem with single-part jpegs also?  I'd assume that you don't get
> this error with *all* jpegs, right?  If you could point me to a sample
> post that causes you problems I like to take a look at it.

Some single part posts display correctly although note these examples are
mime'd multipart.

In alt.binaries.pictures.wallpaper -- this displays fine:

Newsgroups: alt.binaries.pictures.wallpaper
Subject: Reposts: Beautiful Scenery from 1/12/07 - Denali Sunrise over
 Wonder Lake, Alaska.jpg (1/1)
From: Ozzy <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 04:28:28 GMT

While this one fails:

Newsgroups: alt.binaries.pictures.wallpaper
Subject: Reposts: Beautiful Scenery from 1/12/07 - Lake Pend Oreille,
 Sandpoint, Idaho.jpg (1/1)
From: Ozzy <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 04:39:55 GMT

My headers wrapped but you get the idea.  Seems to be related to the image
data itself.  Some large simple images render while smaller (x by y) may
not.

Easily fixed by replacing libgtk2 but that breaks a dozen other apps.

stevem