pan-users

[Pan-users] Anyone get pan compiling with gcc 4.3 yet?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Anyone get pan compiling with gcc 4.3 yet?
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 05:01:17 +0000 (UTC)

[see subject]

I can't.

Among other things, it needs #include <cstring> now, based on the errors
and the gcc porting notes, but I haven't a clue where/how. and what's
needed after that.  Taking a hint from some of the Gentoo gcc-4.3 porting
bugs, I tried a simple recursive grep/sed s/<string>/<cstring>/g in the
source dir, and that seemed to help, as it gave me /different/ errors,
but that's about as far as I'm able to get, and even that might be
incorrect in this instance, for all I know.

So if someone that actually knows what they are doing can take a look and
see if they can get pan compiling with gcc-4.3, and post the required
patches or instructions, I can probably take it from there.  (FWIW, I run
svn but if you try the latest tarball and can get me a patch, I should be
able to adjust it if necessary.)

pan is one of just 13 packages, out of 656 merged/installed, that I
haven't gotten built and remerged with gcc 4.3 yet.  (I initially had a
couple hundred fail due to a bad system CXXFLAGS setting (misread of the
docs), but that was easy to fix, and a couple packages already had bumps
that fixed my initial errors, so it's only 13 left, and pan was the first
one of those I tried.)