pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Anyone get pan compiling with gcc 4.3 yet?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Anyone get pan compiling with gcc 4.3 yet?
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 02:36:22 +0000 (UTC)

Keith Richie <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 23 Mar 2008
23:24:39 +0000:

> On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 05:01:17 +0000, Duncan wrote:
>
>> [see subject]
>>
>> I can't.

> Don't know if you've seen this or not. But there is a patch in pan.devel
> to compile on GCC 4.3.
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.apps.pan.devel/1066

Thanks!

I subscribe to .devel and had seen it, but that was back in December,
before 4.3 officially came out, I wasn't running the snapshots or betas
this time, and I had forgotten about the post.  So indeed, thanks for
pointing it out to me once again!  =8^)

FWIW, based only on a short visual scan, it looks to be doing all the
right things based on the gcc 4.3 porting doc and my experience so far.
So even if it doesn't happen to be workable (haven't tried it yet), it
looks to be headed there.

Now I get to see if I can actually compile again or if the 4.2.x breakage
I mentioned I ran into when I tried to use it now, breaks the 4.3.0
compile as well, after I apply the patch and hopefully get past the 4.3
specific stuff... but that'd likely be something broken at my end if so.