pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Anyone get pan compiling with gcc 4.3 yet?

From: Daniel Rahn
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Anyone get pan compiling with gcc 4.3 yet?
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:14:39 +0100

On Thursday 27 March 2008 14:16:01 Duncan wrote:
> Finally got it compiling and a new version installed now.  Updated
> the bug, now time to restart pan and see if it actually works. =8^)

I still think the best option would be to replace any includes of glib/*
with just glib.h. That will pull in all the necessary deps for all glib
versions pan is meant to compile against. It will however bloat things
a bit.

I guess I'll just come up with a patch that does exactly that and then
run some test compiles to see the size impact on the binary.

Using ifdefs is one not really maintainable and two will not work,
because at the time you do the ifdefs you already need the include to
be present.

You would need to come up with some autoconf magic. Volunteers?

-Daniel