pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Old Pan: Cannot see newsgroup 'read' items before March

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Old Pan: Cannot see newsgroup 'read' items before March 11
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 22:15:32 +0000 (UTC)

Maurice <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Thu, 14 Aug
2008 16:17:19 +0100:

> So I've lost all the postings that I selective;y kept for future
> reference. (But at least I've still got the postings that I made.)

Well, all is not lost since you can recover from your backups.  You /do/
have good backups, right?  Right??  =:^)

(Yeah, I know, I do have backups, but not /that/ good a set myself.
There's probably about a 50/50 chance I'd have backed up and be able to
recover something "routine" like that, as truth be told, my backups
aren't as routine as they should be, tho they are relatively thorough.
So if I had backed up in the mean time, I'd have caught it, but since I
only backup every six months or so...  But I'm relatively comfortable
with what I might lose if I had to rely on backups, which is the
important thing.)