pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Old Pan: Cannot see newsgroup 'read' items before March

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Old Pan: Cannot see newsgroup 'read' items before March 11
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 00:02:11 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:44:18 +0100, Maurice wrote:

> On Wednesday 20 August 2008 14:58:50 I wrote:
>
>> Have now installed 0.1.3.2
>
>   - but can't find any way of printing a posting!
>
>   Where can that facility be found?

Charles left out a good many features from new pan because he intended
to put back only those features that were requested by pan users here in
this mailing list.  Writing pan was/is a huge job so he had to decide
what to put in first and leave the rest for later.  Printing and saving
your own posted articles are two of those things he left for later, and
that's why you can't find them.

Pan is great for binaries groups, but does lack some basic features for
text-only groups (as you have discovered).  For text groups I routinely
use Thunderbird, just because it has all the features you've been asking
about.  Thunderbird, on the other hand, is lousy for binaries so I use
pan for those.  You may need a similar solution to meet all your needs.