pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Old Pan: Cannot see newsgroup 'read' items before March

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Old Pan: Cannot see newsgroup 'read' items before March 11
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 20:32:21 +0000 (UTC)

walt <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 19 Aug 2008 19:26:46
+0000:

> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 19:32:51 +0100, Maurice wrote:
>
>> ... had a play with new Pan this afternoon.
>>
>> I think I can use it, but I noticed it doesn't thread postings on the
>> same topic - just lists postings one after another, unlike old Pan.
>>
>> Have I missed some setting somewhere?
>
> It's easy to miss.  View::Header Pane::Thread Headers

There's probably a shortcut, too.  I don't know what it is by default (I
changed mine here, editing accels.txt with pan closed of course, to do
so), maybe "t", but I'm guessing you hit it by accident, thereby toggling
the threading "off" without realizing it.

>> (I'm using version 0.124 - the latest RPM I could find for
>> Mandriva/PCLinuxOS.)
>
> That's really too old and full of bugs.  I'll bet you could use an RPM
> from just about any other distribution because they are not really very
> different.

Agreed on the age.  Don't know about the RPMs, but I've no reason to
believe otherwise.  You really do want either 0.133 or 0.132 with recent
patches, because there was a security issue related to *.nzb files
(including the one pan uses for its tasks by default), that 0.133 has now
patched.  0.132 is a year old, so anything older than that is /quite/ old
indeed.