pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan on linux: nzb download do not save any files

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan on linux: nzb download do not save any files
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:26:50 +0000 (UTC)

"Martin Nielsen"
<address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted
below, on  Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:47:56 +0200:

> Aaahh sorry.My fault.It states it can't find all the attachments (the
> nzb contents must be outdated on my newsserver).

Outdated... or simply incomplete.  Completion is a major issue for some
servers.  This is one reason I've long argued that a good binary news
hound will always want two news providers, generally one that serves as a
bulk provider, less expensive per byte but not always reliable due to
completion and retention issues, and one that serves as a high
reliability provider, more expensive per byte, but there for when the
bulk provider simply doesn't come thru.  The nice thing about it is that
pan now handles multiple providers seamlessly.

Of course, the folks with the big bucks can just use the high-cost
provider for everything, and the folks on the most limited budgets or who
aren't that serious about their binary news learn to take what they can
get on the less reliable servers they can afford, but for the people in
between...