pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan on linux: nzb download do not save any files

From: Andreia Gaita
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan on linux: nzb download do not save any files
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:10:31 +0100

On 8/27/08, Beso <address@hidden> wrote:
> and pan still has a big issue with downloading nzb.... it cannot cache
>  the nzb file but only download it, and if incomplete there are big
>  problems putting together the complete parts. that's why klibido for
>  this as nzb downloader is still better. or you could try out a new
>  project called nzb downloader which is just based on qt and not on
>  kdelibs as klibido. or at the end you could try out some windows nzb
>  downloader with wine. now wine is quite good in emulating the nzb
>  downloaders.

If things are incomplete on the server by, say, 10%-15%, and it is a
proper posting (i.e., with par2 files accompanying it, as all posts
should have), you can just use par2 to recover the remainder of the
files. I've been using pan and nzb's for years, and to this date,
there was only one download I couldn't recover this way.

andreia