pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: clearing headers?

From: Greg Lee
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: clearing headers?
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 15:16:57 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 07:39:38 +0000, Yavor Doganov wrote:

> Sure, everyone is entitled to their own opinion -- I suggest you to read
> the GNU/Linux FAQ for common irrational arguments of the people who
> insist calling the system "Linux".

I've just done as you suggested, but I don't find in the FAQ a demonstration
that arguments for calling the operating system "Linux" are irrational.
In fact, in his anwer for "What is the difference between an operating system
and a kernel?", Stallman notes:

    "To confuse matters, some people use the term “operating system” to mean
    “kernel”. Both uses of the term go back many years. The use of “operating
    system” to mean “kernel” is found in a number of textbooks on system design,
    going back to the 80s."

That is one of the ways I use the term "operating system" and why I refer to the
"Linux operating system".  The name of the operating system, in this case, is
inherited from the name of the kernel.

--
Greg