pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: clearing headers?

From: Chris Metzler
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: clearing headers?
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 09:59:32 -0400

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 07:39:38 +0000 (UTC)
Yavor Doganov wrote:

> Sure, everyone is entitled to their own opinion -- I suggest you to
> read the GNU/Linux FAQ for common irrational arguments of the people
> who insist calling the system "Linux".

When you phrase it like that -- when your approach is simply to
immediately insult anyone who disagrees with you -- you destroy
your credibility.  If your points are good ones, they can win
over people on their own; there's no need to effectively say 'and
people who don't agree with me are stupid and illogical,' as you
have here.  When you do that, all that happens is the person you're
disagreeing with gets defensive, while everyone else watching who
doesn't yet have an opinion on the disputed issue files you away as
a crank.

HTH.

-c

--