pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: clearing headers?

From: Joe Zeff
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: clearing headers?
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 09:30:56 -0700

On 10/08/2008 Yavor Doganov wrote:
But there are other, non-technical reasons to say "GNU/Linux", and over the years I've figured out that the most vocal opponents of the name are people who are shy to make associations with GNU, mostly because they avoid talking about software freedom.

Well, in my case, you figured wrong. I don't refer to GNU/Linux because it's too much bother, and the common term for the OS is "Linux." Using GNU/Linux not makes me look like a fussy, pedantic purist, it's an awkward name that almost nobody would understand. Most Linux users probably think it's a specific distro by now. Keep using it if that's what floats your boat, but don't expect everybody else to change to fit your ideas of what the system *should* be called, because we won't.

--
Joe Zeff
If you can't play with words, what good are they?