pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] SSL on Pan 137

From: Ed Fletcher
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] SSL on Pan 137
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 10:22:17 -0300

On 2012-05-08, at 2:15 AM, Heinrich Müller <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am 08.05.2012 03:19, schrieb Ed Fletcher:
>> Hi:
>>
>> I'm running Pan 0.137 on Linux Mint 201204.  I've got everything working
>> except for SSL.  The online manual seems to indicate that I should be able
>> to "choose secured connections" but I don't see where I can do that.  I
>> tried setting the port to 563 or 443 but Pan just fails to connect.  Works
>> fine on port 119.
>>
>> Am I missing a library or something?  Synaptic didn't give me any errors or
>> say anything about unresolved dependencies.
>>
>> SSL didn't work for me in 136 either, btw.
>>
>> Great newsreader.  I've been running it with stunnel on Ubuntu for a few
>> years and never had a problem.
>>
>> Ed
>>
>> ___________
> Edit->Edit News Servers, click on the server you want to edit, choose TLS
> settings, "Use secure SSL connections".
> If the option isn't there, your pan version doesn't support SSL, which means
> you'd have to compile it yourself from the git repository or download
> it somewhere else? Where did you get it from?
>
> Cheers.

I used Synaptic to install 136 last week from Klaus Vormweg's PPA and then
upgraded to 137 when it became available.

There is no TSL or SSL option when I edit my news server.  The edit server
panel looks the same as the older version.  But I'm definitely running 137.
Help > About says Pan 0.137 and Synaptic says 0.137-0~oneric1.

I have openssl 1.0.0h-1 installed.  However, I don't see SSL in the list of
dependencies for Pan.

Thanks,
Ed