pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] SSL on Pan 137

From: Heinrich Mueller
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] SSL on Pan 137
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 15:39:39 +0200

On 2012-05-08, at 2:15 AM, Heinrich Müller<address@hidden>  wrote:

Am 08.05.2012 03:19, schrieb Ed Fletcher:
Hi:

I'm running Pan 0.137 on Linux Mint 201204.  I've got everything working except for SSL.
The online manual seems to indicate that I should be able to "choose secured
connections" but I don't see where I can do that.  I tried setting the port to 563
or 443 but Pan just fails to connect.  Works fine on port 119.

Am I missing a library or something?  Synaptic didn't give me any errors or say
anything about unresolved dependencies.

SSL didn't work for me in 136 either, btw.

Great newsreader.  I've been running it with stunnel on Ubuntu for a few years
and never had a problem.

Ed

___________
Edit->Edit News Servers, click on the server you want to edit, choose TLS settings,
"Use secure SSL connections".
If the option isn't there, your pan version doesn't support SSL, which means
you'd have to compile it yourself from the git repository or download
it somewhere else? Where did you get it from?

Cheers.

I used Synaptic to install 136 last week from Klaus Vormweg's PPA and then
upgraded to 137 when it became available.

There is no TSL or SSL option when I edit my news server.  The edit server panel
looks the same as the older version.  But I'm definitely running 137.  Help>
About says Pan 0.137 and Synaptic says 0.137-0~oneric1.

I have openssl 1.0.0h-1 installed.  However, I don't see SSL in the list of
dependencies for Pan.

Thanks,
Ed