pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Is there a way to remap the "Pan File->Send Article" Con

From: andreas nastke
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Is there a way to remap the "Pan File->Send Article" Control+Return hotkey?
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 09:29:20 +0200

edit $PAN_HOME/.accels.txt

Rock schrieb:
Q: Can we remap Pan's send-article sequence to something less prone to accidents?

I can't count the number of times I've accidentally hit Control+Return
while editing a message midway, finding out, much to my chagrin, that
this is Pan's unfortunate choice of hotkey sequence to send a message.

My "workaround" at the moment, is to create a dummy server & user:
 News Server = 0
 Port = 119
 Connection limit = 0
 Server rank = fallback
 ----
 Posting profile name = 0
 Full name = 0
 Email address = 0 AT is.invalid (remove spaces & change AT to the symbol)
 Post articles via = 0

By creating this dummy "zero" user and server, whenever I create a potential
message, Pan defaults to *this* server and users, hence, nothing happens when I inevitably inadvertently press Control+Return in the middle of editing
a message.

What actually happens when I hit that sequence is that Pan complains:
 There were problems with this post.
 Warning: The posting profile's server doesn't carry newsgroup
  "gmane.comp.gnome.apps.pan.user".
 If the group name is correct, switch profiles in the "From:"
 line or edit the profile with "Edit|Manage Posting Profiles".
      [GO BACK]     [POST ANYWAY]

This "saves" me the embarrassment of Pan sending the message off (way)
before its time.

However, a simpler solution would be to remap the all-too-easily-hit
Control+Enter to something less frequently mistyped.
Hence, my question:
Q: Is there a way to easily re-map Pan's default keyboard shortcuts?

Mit besten Grüßen / Kind Regards

Andreas Nastke
IT System Management

g/d/p Markt- und Sozialforschung GmbH
Ein Unternehmen der Forschungsgruppe g/d/p
Richardstr. 18
D-22081 Hamburg
Fon: +49 (0)40 / 29876-117
Fax: +49 (0)40 / 29876-127
address@hidden
www.gdp-group.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft ist Hamburg, Handelsregister Hamburg, HRB 40482
Geschäftsführer: Christa Braaß, Volker Rohweder

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If
you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender and  delete
this e-mail from your whole system. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure
or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.