pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Is there a way to remap the "Pan File->Send Article" Con

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Is there a way to remap the "Pan File->Send Article" Control+Return hotkey?
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 03:58:15 +0000 (UTC)

Rock posted on Thu, 11 Jul 2013 01:23:22 +0000 as excerpted:

> Testing the line:
>  (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/post/post-article" "<Control><Tab>")
> by typing control + tab ...
>
> Hmmm... oh well. No big deal.
>
> I can't seem to remap the send sequence; but at least I've disabled it.
> :)

Tab is a special key that may not behave as expected when mapped.
Actually, from memory, I believe tab is normally ctrl-i (but of course
enter, the line-feed char, is ctrl-m, and that was obviously mappable).

Probably more to the point, tab is normally used to navigate between
widgets.  The textbox widget lets you use it for entering text, but I
suspect that gtk grabs tab (with or without modifiers) before it gets to
pan's hotkey processing system, so the latter never sees it.

So you can probably remap the send sequence hotkey; in fact you did just
that by unmapping it, and it's probably simply the fact that you only
tried (modifier-)tab options that kept it from working.

Try something like ctrl-alt-shift-enter (a variant of the ctrl-enter that
you're less likely to hit by mistake) or ctrl-alt-shift-z (any letter,
but IIRC that one won't collide with something else by default) or the
like, and it should work.