pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Body pane is wrongly resizing pan's top-level window

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Body pane is wrongly resizing pan's top-level window
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 05:06:46 +0000 (UTC)

walt posted on Fri, 03 Jul 2015 16:30:42 -0700 as excerpted:

> On Fri, 3 Jul 2015 15:54:43 -0700 walt
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I went to pan's article-cache and used uudeview to extract both the
>> original article and the one I posted.
>
> On close inspection of the cached files I see that the original article
> was posted using a news client that was compiled from git repository
> source code.

What was that client?  Not pan, was it?  Linux platform?  MS?  Something
new, perhaps on github, or an older, traditional client, now moved to git
for development?

It's interesting to see git come from humble beginnings to taking over
the (D)VCS landscape and becoming the generic assumed default, much like
Linux itself did, pretty much everywhere but the desktop.  It's what new
developers still learning or just coming online are using and familiar
with now, and has displaced proprietary and freedomware VCS alike.

What was interesting was to watch even the Chinese government decide it
couldn't great-firewall off github, as it'd bring Chinese software
development to a standstill.  So they resorted to trying to DDoS the repos
behind the target anti-censorship apps, instead, using the great firewall
to redirect to and serve up the ddos malware.  That's some pretty big
enemies!  But the DDOS was controlled and resisted.

> This suggests a multiverse of further experiments I can do to fritter
> away my weekend :)

=:^)