pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Body pane is wrongly resizing pan's top-level window [al

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Body pane is wrongly resizing pan's top-level window [almost solved]
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 18:46:55 +0000 (UTC)

walt posted on Tue, 07 Jul 2015 09:46:49 -0700 as excerpted:

> On Tue, 7 Jul 2015 03:34:47 +0000 (UTC)
> Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Does pan resize to the same width if you change that, say, switching to
>> tabbed layout instead of paned, if you do, or changing the layout so
>> there's something else beside the body pane, if you don't?
>
> Amazing.  The resizing bug I've been describing happens only when I'm in
> the tabbed-layout mode (i.e. hit the 'z' hotkey) and, of course, viewing
> the body pane.  In non-tabbed mode the resizing problem goes away like
> magic.

That would explain why I haven't seen it, as well.  I didn't think to
test tabbed mode (despite suggesting you test it [shrug]).  Let me see...

Reproduced!

Tho here, kwin says (when I move the window, I have the option turned on
to show coordinates) only 2217 px.

More testing to do, but FWIW, it ignored my normal kwin window rules to
do that.  Let's see how strict I have to make them to enforce...