pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Body pane is wrongly resizing pan's top-level window [al

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Body pane is wrongly resizing pan's top-level window [almost solved]
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 16:16:41 -0700

On Tue, 7 Jul 2015 21:01:22 +0000 (UTC)
Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:

> (BTW, looking at that and remembering, 0.90 was released on April
> Fools' day, 2006-04-01, and that was already 0.93, just 19 days
> later, on the 20th.  Pan development has always been fits and starts,
> and that was definitely a going great guns period, effectively weekly
> releases!  It was certainly thrilling, but also prone to developer
> burnout, which sure enough, eventually happened.)

I found the sources for versions 0.93 and 0.94 on rebelbase.com and I'm
doing a recursive diff on the two versions.  The number of changes made
during that short time is amazing,  even heroic, as you imply above.

IIRC you mentioned a long time ago that Charles decided to do the c++
rewrite specifically to teach himself c++.  When I have a need to read
through the pan code (like now) I realize all over again what a heroic
deed he did.  I stand in awe.  (For the n++ time ;)

No way I'm going to find the relevant diff tonight, my eyes are
crossing...