pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Body pane is wrongly resizing pan's top-level window [al

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Body pane is wrongly resizing pan's top-level window [almost solved]
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 01:20:17 +0000 (UTC)

walt posted on Tue, 07 Jul 2015 16:16:41 -0700 as excerpted:

> IIRC you mentioned a long time ago that Charles decided to do the c++
> rewrite specifically to teach himself c++.

I may have, but if I did, I forgot it somewhere along the way.
(Something about forgetting more than some users ever know... =8^0
Or it came from someone else.

Either way, that's definitely the respectable geek's way to learn
something, and we're still using his work after he has moved on, so he
must of done a good job. =:^)

> When I have a need to read
> through the pan code (like now) I realize all over again what a heroic
> deed he did.  I stand in awe.  (For the n++ time ;)

I don't claim to be a dev and don't read code well, but sometimes it's
good enough to do a not too much coding patch or fix up a patch that's
not applying.  And I can certainly appreciate good comments and
organization, which pan certainly has. =:^)

> No way I'm going to find the relevant diff tonight, my eyes are
> crossing...

LOL!  Been there!

With luck your subconscious will have it all sorted when you wake up, and
it'll be a comparative walk in the park. =:^)