pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Body pane is wrongly resizing pan's top-level window

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Body pane is wrongly resizing pan's top-level window
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 03:34:47 +0000 (UTC)

Duncan posted on Tue, 07 Jul 2015 02:18:50 +0000 as excerpted:

> I found the post in question and can confirm...
>
> It behaves as expected, here.  Pan doesn't resize of its own accord, at
> least with my existing settings.
>
> More testing to follow...

OK, set my pan-main-window kwin window rule so it didn't apply (set the
window role to "pan panxxxxx", confirmed I could resize pan horizontally
(which I couldn't do if the rule applied, since it forces pan to
horizontally maximized) and played around with restarting (my binary
instance of) pan.

No matter if I started with pan opening to that post as that's where I
was when I left it, or opening to another post and clicking that post,
and no matter if I had pan set to size-to-fit images or not...

I still couldn't get pan to misbehave with that post.

Yes, it's larger than my desktop width (1920 px "full hd"), as from the
scrollbars when I have the image full-sized, it's about 2000 px wide.

And yes, the message-id matches the one you pointed me at, 559...

Meanwhile, it may be of interest that the image is about 2000 px wide,
yet you said pan was resizing to about 3000 px wide.  I don't know what
your pan layout is, but do you happen to have one of the other panes, say
the group list, covering that ~1000 px gap?  Does pan resize to the same
width if you change that, say, switching to tabbed layout instead of
paned, if you do, or changing the layout so there's something else beside
the body pane, if you don't?

If the body pane itself is that full 3000 px, it suggests that something
other than the image might be triggering it.  Does changing the font pan
uses for the body pane change the width it resizes to?

And you didn't ever directly answer (maybe you're still absorbing? =:^),
does toggling the resize-to-fit option (in the menu, so it's the behavior
when you load the post) change the window resize behavior at all?

Also, current git-pan, a 0.140 pre-release snapshot, 0.139 release, or
older, and distro-built or self-built?

FWIW, here, git-pan self-built against gtk2 (using an ebuild based on the
live-git-pan ebuild that used to be in the gentoo tree).  You can see the
git-commit in my headers since I post with pan.  Library versions of
interest:

glib-2.44.1
gmime-2.6.20
gdk-pixbuf-2.30.8