pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Body pane is wrongly resizing pan's top-level window [al

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Body pane is wrongly resizing pan's top-level window [almost solved]
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 12:37:27 -0700

On Tue, 7 Jul 2015 18:46:55 +0000 (UTC)
Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:

> walt posted on Tue, 07 Jul 2015 09:46:49 -0700 as excerpted:

> > Amazing.  The resizing bug I've been describing happens only when
> > I'm in the tabbed-layout mode (i.e. hit the 'z' hotkey) and, of
> > course, viewing the body pane.  In non-tabbed mode the resizing
> > problem goes away like magic.

> Reproduced!

Whew, that's a relief!

> Tho here, kwin says (when I move the window, I have the option turned
> on to show coordinates) only 2217 px.

Yes, when I wrote "about 3000 pixels" I was thinking of a different
post from the same person and I conflated the two.

> More testing to do, but FWIW, it ignored my normal kwin window rules
> to do that.  Let's see how strict I have to make them to enforce...

This detective stuff is fun but time consuming.  In the ChangeLog I see
this entry:

0.94: Ready! Fire! Aim!
<snippage>
* fixed resize error in tabbed layout mode. (Robert Marshall, Eric
Ortega)

That was done before git, unfortunately.  Can you think of a way I can
find out what code was patched?  Was there a VCS repo before git?  I
can't remember back that far :)

BTW, I see that I can put pan in non-tabbed mode and then use Ctrl-1
and Ctrl-2 to leave only the body pane visible and the bug doesn't
trigger, so pan is still in non-tabbed mode even though visually pan
looks like it isn't.

Hm, no, that's not right.  In tabbed mode pan displays the tabs as well
as the body pane.  That code could be a place to start looking...