Re: Discussion about file format for the future

From: Derek Atkins
Subject: Re: Discussion about file format for the future
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 09:56:49 -0400

I do wonder...  Removing year-old incrementals from backups with lots of
small files seems to take a very long time.  I don't know if that time
is being spent in executing 'rm' or spent updating metadata..

To that end, if it IS spent in metadata, I wonder if something like a
SQLite DB would make sense to speed that up?

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com