repo-criteria-discuss

Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Gitlab.com doesn't show explore unless logge

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Gitlab.com doesn't show explore unless logged in…?
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 18:04:03 -0800

On 11/05/2015 05:38 PM, Mike Gerwitz wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 05, 2015 at 12:30:33 -0800, Aaron Wolf wrote:
>> A direct URL link to a project at Gitlab.com is visible privately, but
>> visiting Gitlab.com directly has absolutely no clear way to find a
>> project. Everything is about the idea of what Gitlab is and nothing is
>> oriented toward guiding a visitor who wants to find some software there.
>> The Gitlab.com/explore page is not linked anywhere, and even if you go
>> to it manually, there's no search capacity until after you log in.
>
> You're right, it isn't very clear---the easiest way I found was clicking
> on "GitLab.com" on the main page, and then "Explore projects on
> GitLab.com".

Clicking "Gitlab.com" goes to this page:
https://about.gitlab.com/gitlab-com/ which doesn't even have the word
"explore" anywhere on it. There's simply zero links to finding a project
page.

So, I'm not sure, Mike, where you saw that link you're talking about,
but it isn't shown on any regular public page that I can find.

--
Aaron Wolf
co-founder, Snowdrift.coop