repo-criteria-discuss

Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Gitlab.com doesn't show explore unless logge

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Gitlab.com doesn't show explore unless logged in…?
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 18:29:24 -0800

On 11/05/2015 06:23 PM, Sytse 'Sid' Sijbrandij wrote:
> Good point about not having an explore page, I added a link on the
> static website
> https://gitlab.com/gitlab-com/www-gitlab-com/commit/93595e1845252eb8c4bff91999e933b7653ad689
>
> You can see it on https://about.gitlab.com/gitlab-com/ below the
> advantages section.

Great! That was fast!

I think it would be preferable to make this more prominent still, but
it's great improvement for now. Certainly, it will actually impress
anyone interested in Gitlab software or Gitlab.com to see all the
projects that are already there and be able to browse and see how it all
works. I think it should be one of the primary headers in the navigation
really.

> Please let me know if there are any other suggestions.

It would still be nice to be able to search the projects without being
logged in.

> Best regards,
> Sytse 'Sid' Sijbrandij
> CEO GitLab Inc.

Thanks again for the quick response here!

--
Aaron Wolf
co-founder, Snowdrift.coop