repo-criteria-discuss

Re: RFC: criteria A4 should be a C-class criteria

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: RFC: criteria A4 should be a C-class criteria
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 07:40:09 -0400

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 00:53:25 -0400 Richard wrote:
> What about C2?

  Does not discriminate against classes of users, or against any
  country. (C2)

i assume not - i have never heard that github restricts anyone
from using the service - this is the current evaluation entry
for github-C2:

> Specific information may not be available in all countries;
> see roskomnadzor and export controls for more details. (C2)

i was not active on the list when it started; so i dont know
what that is actually referring to - maybe there is more detail
in this list's archives

that reads to me like it is referring to something, that would
be imposed by the gov't, upon everyone, and therefore not
related to the ethics of the operator

it is reasonable to assume that any for-profit business, would
gladly accept patronage from anyone, indiscriminately, unless
they were impossible for them to do so