repo-criteria-discuss

Re: You rate savannah.gnu.org at A? AYFKM?

From: Pau Amma
Subject: Re: You rate savannah.gnu.org at A? AYFKM?
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 02:22:01 +0000

On 2022-02-18 11:33, Adam Faiz wrote:
On 16/02/2022 01:01, Pau Amma <pauamma@gundo.com> wrote:
I went from https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria-evaluation.html
to https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria.html and saw this utter
BS:

- Follows the Web “Content” Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0)
standard. (A+3)

- Follows the Web Accessibility Initiative — Accessible Rich Internet
Applications 1.0 (WAI-ARIA 1.0) standard. (A+4)

Newsflash, you ableist jerks: not following those alone makes anything
an F, no matter what else they do or not. Did you design your fucking
self-serving "ethical" standards just so you could brag about it and it
alone getting an A?

I think you misunderstood how the repo criteria evaluation works. A
repository is only graded an 'F' if it doesn't meet the 'C' criteria.

I think you're deliberately dodging my point. I'm not saying it's not working the way it's designed - I actually have no opinion of that, nor do I care beyond noting your strawman in passing. I'm saying the way it's designed is self-serving, hypocritical, and aiming at earning savannah an A and nothing else more than a B.

--
English: he/him/his (singular they/them/their/theirs OK)
French: il/le/lui (iel/iel and ielle/ielle OK)