repo-criteria-discuss

Re: You rate savannah.gnu.org at A? AYFKM?

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: You rate savannah.gnu.org at A? AYFKM?
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 07:00:17 -0800

First, let's please cut down on the ad hominem comments; they have no
place here. Let's try to keep things constructive.

Adam Faiz wrote:
> I think you misunderstood how the repo criteria evaluation works. A
> repository is only graded an 'F' if it doesn't meet the 'C' criteria.

I think we can extract a specific and concrete suggestion from Pau
Amma's messages to move A+3 and A+4 into the C criteria.

At the moment it seems consistent with the GNU Accessibility Statement
[0] which has support that such items as a "recommendation" and not a
requirement.

There may be some merit to at least lowering them, as it could help
make websites more accessible to people with screen readers. As it is
it seems difficult enough to convince code-hosting sites to meet the C
criteria even as it is, without nonfree JavaScript and etc. Adding more
requirements would make this already difficult challenge even moreso.

[0] https://www.gnu.org/accessibility/accessibility.en.html