repo-criteria-discuss

Re: You rate savannah.gnu.org at A? AYFKM?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: You rate savannah.gnu.org at A? AYFKM?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 23:24:32 -0500

  > Free software existed long before the FSF

That's right.  I used free programs and developed some, in the 1970s.
When I talk about the history of our community, that's what I start with.
See https://gnu.org/gnu/the-gnu-project.html.

That was free software, but it wasn't the free software movement.

                                              and
  > there were philosophical underpinnings to it before you developed your
  > own version.

People who worked on free software had various thoughts about it.
But they didn't think of it as a movement aiming for a moral goal.
That's what I started.

That's what I call the free software _movement_.

You cited some correct facts, but you falsely accused me of denying
them.

You've stated opinions on some other points, To have a thoughtful
discussion about them, people need to be willing to listen to others'
arguments and consider them.  I'd consider your points, and present
why I disagree, if you were willing to consider mine -- but you're
not.