reproduce-devel

[bug #63054] Pyerfa crash, setting setuptools_scm as a prerequisite of p

From: Boud Roukema
Subject: [bug #63054] Pyerfa crash, setting setuptools_scm as a prerequisite of pyerfa
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 11:17:13 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #6, bug #63054 (project reproduce):

I have now reproduced the bug: 'pyerfa' fails with an error that 'packaging'
is missing, even though 'packaging' *is* a dependency of 'pyerfa' in
'python.mk'.

Commit 1333c1b1 proposed below by Raúl is _not_ enough for my run: I got the
above fatal error while including _setuptools_scm_ as a prerequisite for
_pyerfa_ .

I'm currently trying a workaround, since 'packaging' was installed on this
particular Maneage system about an hour before 'pyerfa' needed it, so this is
probably something subtle related to pyerfa's 'setup.py' file and the various
python 'os', 'sys' and 'setuptools' packages work...

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?63054>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/