sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] DisUnitedStates.com down; Re: DB_ENV->set_lk_detect: unk

From: Jeffrey Johnson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] DisUnitedStates.com down; Re: DB_ENV->set_lk_detect: unknown deadlock detection mode specified
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:43:33 -0400

On Jun 25, 2012, at 12:36 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 06/25/2012 04:43 AM, John Clizbe wrote:
>> Christoph Egger wrote:
>>> The 1.1.1 package in stable is at 4.7. The 1.1.3 in unstable uses 5.1
>>> and the backported sks 1.1.3 in stable-backports will be using 4.8 just
>>> to add to the confusion ;-)
>>
>> while (true) do
>>    head-desk
>>    done
>>
>> *shakes head and laughs*
>
> I share your rueful humor about this, but i'm not sure if there's any
> better approach, given that bdb5.1 isn't in debian squeeze.
>
> I'm open to other suggestions.  I believe that the current upgrade path
> (while hilarious in a sad sort of way) will actually work for most people.

Bundling SKS+BDB (previously suggested) avoids the
very hard to solve problem of "system" Berkeley DB.

Backports of newer Berkeley DB "work" too, and likely
have some other usage cases than SKS because of bdb+sqlite3 API.

Not that there is much SKS need for db-5.x.y: any BDB later than db-4.6
is gud enuf for SKS (until "system" db changes for other reasons).

73 de Jeff