Re: [Social-discuss] Which framework?

From: László Török
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Which framework?
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 23:52:02 +0100

Hi,

I've been following the discussion about which mvc framework would be
the ideal choice for gnu social to be built on.
+1 vote for symfony 2.0
For about a year ago, I was looking for a php mvc framework for a
project. I did my homework and spent about 6 weeks looking at CakePHP,
CodeIgniter and Symfony 1.2. Read dozens of comparisons, case studies,
user reports.
I feel the Symfony guys got the model right offering the most
appealing answers for some of the pain spots of php mvc development.
Symfony 2.0 is a major architectural improvement over 1.x. They made
it more simple and more general. Less ceremony, less orchestration,
more efficiency.
An important point is good documentation and I would dare to say that
it has the most rapidly evolving ecosystem of all of the php mvc
frameworks.

I'd like to hear what others think about this.

Las