Re: [Social-discuss] Comments: GNU social relationship manager

From: Matt Lee
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Comments: GNU social relationship manager
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 10:21:59 -0400

On 06/23/10 09:16, Ted Smith wrote:

> Interesting. Diaspora makes the URL secure with OpenPGP - it seems like
> a major loss to not have *any* protection on that level. It's hard to
> say we care about privacy more than Facebook when we don't offer
> comparable protection of user data.

To be clear, we're talking about assets here... so, if you go to:

http://gnusocial.biz/a/e27255274fc02a83b06379d6cc918856f526a8cb.jpg or
whatever, once that URL is out there, we don't propose doing any other
checking on that URL, but I think there's a possibility for us to give
people an option to regenerate that URL.