Re: [Social-discuss] Comments: GNU social relationship manager

From: Rich Hilliard
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Comments: GNU social relationship manager
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:57:40 -0400

I agree with the philosophy of default to "max-yet-usable privacy settings" but
I have no clue what those might be in reality for the user you are talking
about.
For me, everything should be: Private until specified otherwise.
But, for the { average | common | nontechnical } user, that may not be the
desired behavior.
I presume they are using a social service to share things.
So, what is the right default and when does the service ask to do something
other than the default?