Re: [STUMP] Weird behavior with XRandR and two screens

From: Joeli Hokkanen
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Weird behavior with XRandR and two screens
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:20:47 +0200

On 19:48 Mon 09 Mar     , John Li wrote:
> Yes, it /should/ =). It works fine for me, fwiw. There is still at
> least 1 bug related to adding/removing monitors while Stump is running
> that causes it to crash, I believe, but I had a hard time figuring it
> out and haven't run into it in a long time.

That's what I heard at #stumpwm too, but as my setup works just fine on
every other WM I've tried (even Ratpoison), I think there's more than
just one bug now. ;)

FWIW, I also tried running StumpWM without my ~/.stumpwmrc, but it
didn't work either.

> > Now, no matter what I do, StumpWM just sees the virtual desktop as one
> > huge screen instead of two different ones.
>
> Hm, weird. Try evaling this with the "eval" command, or through
> "stumpish" - you probably need to use the stumpwm package:
>
> ;; use stumpwm package
> (in-package :stumpwm)
>
> ;; list the heads that stumpwm knows about
> (screen-heads (current-screen))
>
> You should get a list of frame structs (StumpWM models heads as
> frames), one for each monitor you have, if everything is working. In
> your case, you probably just have 1 element so the output looks like:
> "(#S(frame 0 NIL 0 0 2720 1024))", or so.

Yep, that's exactly what I get.

> And what's the output of just running "xrandr"?

Same as of ``xrandr -q'', which I already posted on my last message.

Regards,
  Joeli