Re: [swarm-hackers] Swarm in debian/ubuntu

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] Swarm in debian/ubuntu
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:50:42 -0700

Hey Nima,

That's great!  We can work together on this, I want to learn because there is some other software that I want to turn into packages.  I've talked with Jakson and he's happy to pass the debian package over to us as he's not really interested in maintaining it.  I've looked at what he's done so far, and it looks like a good start.

What I'm not completely sure of is how we actually get it into main Debian, I think we need a Debian developer to sponsor us.  Actually becoming a Debian maintainer appears to be a long involved process.

What do you think about my idea of having multiple packages corresponding to different Swarm variations?

cheers
Scott