Re: [Swarm Modelling] painting apps

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: [Swarm Modelling] painting apps
Date: 16 Feb 2003 17:10:22 -0800

MD> Scott Christley wrote:
>> I'm looking for a basic painting application with tools for drawing
>> graph type structures; circles, boxes, curvy lines(bezier curves),
>> arcs, arrows, labels, that sort of stuff, but not with freehand
>> which will just look sloppy.

MD> It's been a while since I've used it, but GNOME's Sodipodi is
MD> pretty impressive.  It works on SVG vector representation (not
MD> bitmap).

Sodopodi is nice, especially the new GTK2 port, but it's not currently
packaged by many GNU/Linux distros, however OpenOffice.org, is (it's
in Red Hat 8.0).  I've been using OpenOffice.org's "Draw", which is a
vector-oriented drawing problem that does most everything that
Sodipodi does (including wrapping text around arbitrary curves).

Alex