[Swarm-Modelling] science vs. innovation

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] science vs. innovation
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:24:12 -0800

Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
> glen e. p. ropella wrote:
>> Having a modeling conversation on this list is like pulling teeth
>
> Rigor is good.  Science occurs when we say something specific that can
> be shown to be wrong.

I agree.  However, there is more to a successful effort than science.
Indeed, science is only present in a very small number of human efforts.

To boot, science is largely quiet on the _inspiration_ for the
hypotheses it vets, the claims it rejects, and the claims that survive
criticism (testing).  These hypotheses must come from somewhere.  And
they are usually not very specific or particular at first.

So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise
of intelligence. -- Bertrand Russell