synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] synaptic-0.45pre4

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] synaptic-0.45pre4
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 13:09:14 +0200

Hi,

I put a new test-release online. This one features version selection
on a per-package basis. This means that if there is more than one
version of a given package available, you can use the "advanced" tab
of the main window notebook to select which version to use.

I tested it on two debian machines and it seems to work. So I'm
interessted in reports from rpm users. What I really wonder is, if we
should hide this feature by default. Version selection might be too
much for newbies and it has the potential to mess up the system
(because e.g. downgrading a pkg is always dagerous).
I'm interessted in your thoughts!

You can get the code at:
http://people.debian.org/~mvo/synaptic/testing/synaptic-0.45pre4.tar.gz

Please report problem/suggestions etc.
be fixed in the future.

There is also a new about dialog that gives credits. If I forgot to
mention someone, please let me know, I'll immediatly correct it :)

bye,
 Michael