synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] synaptic-0.45pre4

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] synaptic-0.45pre4
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 17:15:13 +0200

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 04:33:40PM +0200, Alwin Meschede wrote:
> Michael Vogt schrieb:
> >I put a new test-release online. This one features version selection
> >on a per-package basis. This means that if there is more than one
> >version of a given package available, you can use the "advanced" tab
> >of the main window notebook to select which version to use.
> >

> This does not work correctly:  The tab keeps blank sometimes. If there
> is a package with several versions available, they are not shown on the
> tab at the first try, but only after clicking on another package with
> more than one version - after this, the versions for the first package
> are shown on it's tab, but if you click on a package without several
> versions, the tab keeps blank when returning to the package in question.

Thanks! I noticed this as well. But for me, it only happens when I
click on the "Advanced" tab for the first time. After this, it works
normal. I suspect gtk or libglade to be responsible. I attached a
patch that is a kind of workaround and might cure the problem. Can you
please check if it helps?

> Alwin Meschede
thanks for testing!
 Michael