synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] synaptic-0.45pre4

From: Sviatoslav Sviridov
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] synaptic-0.45pre4
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 17:02:08 +0300

Michael Vogt wrote:
On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 03:22:09PM +0300, Sviataslau Svirydau wrote:

Michael Vogt wrote:

You can get the code at:
http://people.debian.org/~mvo/synaptic/testing/synaptic-0.45pre4.tar.gz

Please report problem/suggestions etc.
be fixed in the future.

There is also a new about dialog that gives credits. If I forgot to
mention someone, please let me know, I'll immediatly correct it :)

It's again without 'wings' subfolder :)

Oh well :)

Ok, I put a new version 0.45pre5 online. It contains the same code,
but the wings folder is in again.

thanks,
now about bugs :)

1. There is not all information for package now available at the "Information" tab. Not shown: current/installed version, size, may be something else, and in the console we can see:

** (synaptic:698): WARNING **: Invalid UTF8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

it looks like localized string not converted to UTF8.

2. It seems like "Purge with configuration" action not needed for rpm systems (there is also configuration for it in preferences window). May be someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Questions:
I want to ask how synaptic determines distribution name? I have included in sources.list CDs from my distro and local repository. Packge versions from distro marked with correct name "Master", but from local repository it looks like "Unknown". I tried to set some variables in "release" files generated by genbasedir, but it didn't help. Does this name included in pkglist files?

-- Sviatoslav Sviridov <svd at lintec dot minsk dot by>
   /* icq: 10845380; jid: svd at altlinux dot org; */

When the cup is full, carry it level.