synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] Ui Proposal

From: Guillaume Pratte
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Ui Proposal
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:19:15 -0400

Le 12 Octobre 2003 16:38, Sebastian Heinlein a écrit :
> > Why is the "keep" button confusing (this is a honest question, I use
> > synaptic for too long now, to see such things).
>
> A honest answer: It is pressed. I think that a button should only be
> pressed if it was chosen so by the user. The status quo should not be an
> activated state.
>
> But I don't have got a better a solution either.

I have a suggestion...

It involves merging the "Advanced" tab with the "Status" buttons... See
attachment.

As you can see, there is no "Advanced" tab anymore, and all the actions you
could perform in this tab, you can perform them in the "Action" pannel.

I don't see the use for the undo button with this disposition of things.

One could argue that giving the user a so obvious way to do "cross branching"
is a bad thing, but isn't it the user who added many branches in his
sources.list in the first place?

What do you think about my suggestion?

Guillaume Pratte