Re: [Tinycc-devel] Release Candidate - please test

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Release Candidate - please test
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 21:35:06 +0100

From: "Alexander Gladysh":

> I made it compile with help of Google (so, that's pretty much a
> Cargo-cult programming).

Well, thanks, I'll commit your patch to CVS (at some point).

> However make test segfaults. See logs below.

> $ make test
> gcc -O2 -g -Wall -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i386
> -falign-functions=0 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-pointer-sign
> -Wno-sign-compare -I. -o tcctest.ref tcctest.c
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /Users/agladysh/projects/tcc/tcctest.ref
> Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
> Reason: 13 at address: 0x00000000
> 0x8fe18b42 in __dyld_misaligned_stack_error ()

"tcctest.ref" is compiled from tcctest.c by GCC so if _that_
does not run that is not a problem with TCC, yet.

Maybe there is something wrong with your gcc installation or
you need different CFLAGS or something. Maybe remove the
-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 (just a thought).

--- grischka