Re: [Tinycc-devel] Is the CVS repository dead yet?

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Is the CVS repository dead yet?
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 15:33:58 +0100

Dear Rob, I think you made sufficently clear by now that you would ideally like to see a TinyCC that is official and has all the features of your fork at the same time.

Which is only natural seen all your work and everybody can feel your pain and
all,
just there is no simple or fast solution to it now.

Fact is that there was a phase where we analyzed your fork and ripped as much as we were able to understand. This phase is over now and TinyCC is moving on.

If you feel that you have more valuable features there or elsewhere that you want to contribute to "offficial" TinyCC then probably the only way is to advertise them once again patiently one by one here on the list. See the Changelog file for a list of hg-rev's that have been included.

Then, not that I had any sympathy for your absurd fight against obsolete VCS's in context of this little project, but solely to my own convenience I'd suggest that:

- We make the 0.9.25 release soon, introducing the new x86-64 target contributed by Shinichiro Hamaji. - And let 0.9.25 be the last code point in CVS and switch to GIT at Savannah immediately after the release. This GIT will (hopefully) have the same commit-ids as the one at http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git so until then working with that should
  be just as fine for EVERYBODY.

I'm away currently so it can take some weeks until I touch that or anything else with this project at all. However in the spirit of "distributed development" I appreciate
very much what people do, in between and anyway.

Thanks,
--- grischka

P.S:  To grep for words (even single letter words) use "grep -w ..."

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Landley" <address@hidden>