[Tinycc-devel] Re : Is anyone on the C standards committee?

From: david . koch
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Re : Is anyone on the C standards committee?
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 21:36:13 +0100 (CET)

Switch to vlang ?

"C standards committee", let me chuckle a bit. Have you seen what they call
"standards" ? Bitfield ordering anyone ?

Yeah, C is becoming quite a dumpster of "ideas" and "features", a programming
language "freak" of many "extensions".

What's rather strange is the constant need to keep C "relevant" while
maintaining historical "quirks" for "compatibility".

I thought that Python would avoid the same fate, but it has become quite a mess
too, despite the version 3 "sanitation".

I think if you want a relatively "stable" yet recent/decent "low level"
programming language might be rust, I guess.

Yet it is nowhere close to the size and speed of TCC, hence I proposed to take
the vlang route, even though it is alpha.

Regards.