Re: [Traverso-devel] current cvs updates

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] current cvs updates
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:36:17 +0200

> Hehe... =) Actually, since you already use the mousebutton for some
> things, I really think it's OK to use it for the "most common action" on
> everything. Like dragging a clip [ Button ] or setting the marker
> < Button >.

As a user pointed out, "by not being able to use the mouse buttons _at_all_,
you very quickly discover that Traverso is different in user interface
interaction, I think you should keep it like that".

The question is, to what degree should mouse buttons be added?
Standard menu's and buttons are great, and I'll certainly gonna use them!
But when you mix the keyboard/mouse concept with 'standard' mouse button
actions, the results could be more confusing at first, and learn you less
quickly how to use Traverso efficiently, and make the learning curve even
higher....

Another point, ones you use a mousen button for something, you can't use it
for something else at the same time.
It would be awesome if the mouse buttons could be used in a more powerfull
way, then just the drag/drop thing....

> > Updated the cursors a bit, now drag, gain, and pan actions give visual
> > feedback by the cursor, does this help with your drag problem Jonatan ?
>
> Yes, now I can *see* when it's OK to drag.

:-)